Continental Bayside will become first B2 Hotel
Purchased by InSite Group and affiliates of the Carlyle Group in September for $13.5 million, the new b2 is expected to officially launch at the beginning of 2013.
The company refers to the b2 brand as “value-full-service.”
The company's first b2 hotel will debut in downtown Miami at the site of the former Continental Bayside Hotel located at 146 Biscayne Boulevard. The 243-room property, which will undergo an extensive renovation and open as b2 miami downtown, is steps from the Port of Miami, the shops and restaurants of Bayside Marketplace, world-class cultural and arts venues, and the American Airlines Arena (home of the NBA's, Miami HEAT). b2 miami downtown is in a prime location to benefit from leisure travel including its proximity to the largest passenger cruise port in the world. Surrounded by 16 million square feet of office space and city, state and federal court houses, it will also attract corporate travel and local business opportunities. The property was acquired by InSite Group and affiliates of The Carlyle Group in September 2011. The hotel is expected to open as b2 hotel in the first quarter of 2013.
Introduced in May, the b2 hotel brand will revolutionize the traditional hotel model with a new 'value-full-service' class, offering sophisticated travelers access to the full-service lifestyle amenities found at B Hotels, but at an even more affordable price point.
The B resort in the Walt Disney World® Resort and b2 miami downtown will feature the various B Hotels & Resorts® Signature Elements including:
- B Social™ – As a brand focused on social interactions, standard design elements incorporate communal seating, tables and inviting gathering spaces.
- B in Touch™ – FreeB™ Wi-Fi, complimentary high-speed Internet access throughout all public spaces and guestrooms, as well as courtesy iPads and the touchscreen Monscierge®, a digital concierge and destination guide.
- B Ambiance™ – Specially-selected sound, lighting and scent enhance the public space environment.
- B Nourished™ – Food and beverage offerings include distinct culinary concepts, banquet and catering services and 24- hour in-room dining.
- B Indulged® – A full-service spa facility or intimate spa suite, with tailored massage offerings performed in an inviting, tranquil environment.
- B Active® – Guests stay fit and re-energize while traveling with access to a state-of-the-art fitness center.
- B Adventurous™ – Excursions and event offerings developed to explore and discover all that each destination has to offer.
- B Sensitive™ – Green initiatives and sustainable alternatives are implemented during the renovation process and long-term operations.
"We've continued to garner genuine interest amongst travelers and industry experts as the portfolio of B Hotels & Resorts® expands and as we enter new markets," said Christopher Tompkins, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Brand Programs. "We are thrilled to announce our third B hotel, which will debut in Orlando in the fall of 2013, and Miami as the destination for the first b2 hotel, a few weeks after unveiling the new value-full-service category. Like our properties in Fort Lauderdale and South Beach, these hotels will cater to a variety of business and leisure travelers, offering warm, approachable service and amenities."
Revolutionizing traditional hotel branding since the opening of its first property in March 2011, B Hotels & Resorts® is an innovative alternative for the conversion of existing flagged and independent hotels. The company is led by Weinstein, Tompkins and a diverse Advisory Council of hospitality industry experts. B Hotels & Resorts® features the B brand with full-service property designations, and the new b2, a value-full-service model.
About B Hotels & Resorts®
Headquartered in South Florida, B Hotels & Resorts® is a fresh and innovative alternative for today's business and leisure travelers. As a brand, B Hotels & Resorts® is taking the lifestyle hotel experience to the next level with distinct B Signature Elements that attract a broad spectrum of dynamic guests. These B Signature Elements add to the overall guest experience and are consistent across all B Hotels & Resorts® properties. B Signature Elements include: B Ambiance™ (specially-selected sound, lighting and scent program); B Social™ (communal seating and inviting gathering spaces); B In Touch™ and FreeB™ Wi-Fi (complimentary high-speed Internet access throughout all public spaces and guestrooms and advanced technology offerings); B Active® (state-of-the-art fitness center where guests can exercise and re-energize); B Indulged® (spa facility or spa suite featuring an invigorating variety of treatments so guests can customize their own experience and B Pampered) and more.